Thursday, October 25, 2018

Stuttgart 48 hour challenge and Annecy - European Animation Festivals

In the May of 2017, Giulia Marcolini and I entered the 48 hour "Crazy Horse" competition at the Stuttgart Animation Festival in Germany.


We arrived with two suitcases of equipment, puppets and sets and after two days of work and 3 hours of sleep, we submitted the film.  I produced the puppets, set and animation for the "horse with newspaper" segment of the film and Guilia provided all the animation for the paper cut-out section.  After this event we were able to enjoy the rest of the festival and make some connections with other animators from around Europe.

Before returning home, Guilia and I took a quick photo with the Palestinian winners of the 48 hour competition!

In June of 2018 I traveled to the week long Annecy Animation Festival in France.  Here I attended the world premiere of Chuck Steel - Night of the Trampires and finally saw the film I worked on the previous year.  (I am pictured here, fourth from the right.)



You can check out the festival websites in links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment